Monday, May 21, 2012

How it all began

My story begins long ago. As a child, I was the girl who wore size 14 slim because I was just that thin.  I was an active child and that continued into my teenage years. I spent my high school years as 3 sport athlete. Not a superstar, but a Varsity athlete none the less. During this time I wore a size 7-8. I graduated high school and went away to college. I gained the freshman 15, but lost it over the summer after my freshman year and was in the best shape of my life (a size 3-4).  I dropped out of college during my first semester of sophomore year and moved back home, became a CNA and worked full time. I gained some weight and wore a size 9-10.  A couple of years later I had my son. At 9 months pregnant I weighed 207#. I wore a size 16 after he was born and thought I was so fat. Shortly there after I moved to Arizona to raise my son. I remained the same size until about 5 years later. I started back to college and my son started kindergarten.  My weight ballooned and I have struggled ever since. I have since graduated college, moved back home to Wisconsin, gotten my Master's degree and taught for 10 years. I have succeeded in so many areas of my life, but this is the one area I fail again and again! I have dug up some pictures to document the changes in my weight over the years.  It is so painful to look at them and realize what has happened to me over the years, but I am hoping it will help me be honest with myself about where I am now.  I often find myself saying, "I would kill to be the size I was when I thought I was so fat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment