Monday, May 21, 2012
My life today
My life changed dramatically in June 2010. I went into the hospital for a hysterectomy due to PCOD. During the surgery my bowel was perforated and I developed a severe infection. What was supposed to be a over night stay at the hospital turned into a 5 week stay! I was on life support and had to learn how to walk and write again. As I recovered from this illness, I discovered a brain tumor which required surgery and later a hernia due to the compromised condition of my abdominal muscles. I suffered from several other complications which resulted in a total of 8 surgeries in 2 years. I know that I am here for a purpose, a reason. God has a plan for me! My body has weakened tremendously through all of this and as a result I struggle to engage in most forms of exercise. I do not want to let this stop me, and I know this will be a long process to build myself up, but I also know the athlete is still in there somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment